Friday, July 22

Bible Reading and Other Stuff

I haven't gotten back to reading more of the bible since my last post on it.


I think I still want to continue but I haven't felt that motivation in awhile. I think since I was at an uninteresting part that seemed to drag on and on it tempered my enthusiasm for it.

I like the idea that if you go to mass and read the daily readings every day after 3 years you will have read the bible. On the other hand I like when I hear or see a reading that I have already read and can put that into context of where it is in the bible.

Maybe I will just decide to take a break and start back up again when the weather is much cooler and I don't feel like I want to be out and about doing things.

I have still been busy volunteering which is taking up a lot of my time but I love it.  For them it is work simply because that is where their jobs are but for me it is my choice to be there and do things.  I can see now why people who are lucky enough to do what they love can view it as fun and not a job. 

It has been hotter than hot around these parts which makes me a little crabby if I have to spend too much time outdoors so tomorrow promises to be super fun(bathed in sarcasm).  We are going to some safari type thing an hour and a half from home to try to see and feed animals in 92 degree hot and humid weather.  Then sit outside and picnic in the hot smelly place.  Fun, right!?  I have to try to not complain otherwise they may try to feed me to the animals.  :-)
I just hope the animals try to venture out of the shade so we can see something close. 

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: