Monday, August 1

Sunday - What a Day You Were

Boy am I glad Sunday is over.

What a crazy day for me.  More so than I tried to show but I think I failed to hide my issues.

Let me set the stage...

I agreed to babysit my nearly 9 month old twin nieces a while ago and forgot all about it.  I was reminded about a week or so ago thankfully.  It was the day of our parish picnic.  We were also going to be going to a later mass which meant bringing the babies with us. 

All the places it went wrong...
If I had it to do all over again I would have gone to an early mass sans babies.  They were fine for about the 1st half hour then the oldest decided it was time to scream or talk loudly.  They were mostly happy screams but still very loud.  I walked out with her twice.  She also decided it was a great time to puke all over me, the seat, and the floor during the gospel which meant I missed most of the homily cleaning us up in the bathroom.  Bummer.  Sure wish they were recorded so I could hear the parts I missed but that is another story.

Then we go to the picnic.  It is super hot but we settled in the cafeteria to feed the babies and then us.  I was not too hot at that point.  Until....

My first boyfriend ever.  My "first" ever sat at the table next to us with his family.  All of a sudden I recognized him and I hope and pray he didn't recognize me for oh so many reasons.  I was a nervous wreck already but now my fate was sealed.  And then Father sat next to me which was great but just added to me being self conscious about melting in my seat.  When my nerves get going beyond control my face gets all sweaty and the more I worry about it the worse it is.  Plus it was humid so I could feel my hair curling into a crazy mess which only added to my breakdown.  UGH!

I tried to maintain my composure and I even tried to have some sort of coherent conversation but I fear people could see through me that something was up.  I fed the babies and tried to take care of them.  I didn't eat very much either.

Then we went outside for the face painting, balloon clown, and kids games.  I walked the track for about 20 minutes or more while my daughter got her face painted and a balloon turtle.  The babies were quiet while I walked but again my first bf was at the kids games.  Go away already is all I could think.

We finally leave only to have the babies fall asleep in the car even though I needed to change diapers and get them cleaned up before their parents got back.  That didn't work out either.  They were waiting for us in our driveway and saw what a sad state we all looked like. 

Sunday, you are one day I am glad is over.

1 comment:

Heather said...

LOL! Sounds like my every day!