Thursday, September 29

Vacation

Sorry so much time has passed but I have been busy. 

Let's see, I spent 9 days in Disney which was awesome as usual.  I just love it there.  This time we ventured over to Universal and that was good and it was cool to see the new Harry Potter area but I don't feel the need to go back anytime soon.  They just really missed the mark.  They had the chance to make that the most amazing thing but they didn't make it big enough.  It gets soooooo crowded you can't even see anything or enjoy yourself.  The little shops and restaurants are elbow to elbow with just a few people in them. 

My daughter fell in love with our waiter at the Crystal Palace, though.  He was just so nice and good to her and us.  His Australian accent didn't hurt anything either.  She even said he was one of the best parts of the whole vacation.  I want to write a letter to them to tell them how good he was. 

Since getting back things have been crazy busy (although when aren't they).  I am trying to get everything caught up so I can start reading my daily readings and the Bible again.  It is making me antsy not having the time to do those things.  All is still really good with my volunteering at the rectory still.  I am grateful for that.  Even though there are a couple things that I find mildly frustrating I still love it.  My biggest thing is I just wish I could run with the projects and not have to wait on a staff member to try to coordinate when that staff member is dragging their feet a bit due to either no time or lack of focus.  It just puts me in a bit of a difficult spot when the pastor is looking to me to get it done.  I just don't want to step on any one's toes.  I just need to figure it out and go from there. 

Ok.  I need to get some more stuff done.  Hopefully, I will be able to check back in sooner.  :-)

No comments: