Monday, June 6

This Week's Homily

God works in mysterious ways. 

And I heard him loud and clear at mass yesterday.

Father said many things during his homily yesterday but there were portions that seemed as if he was talking directly to me.  While he didn't know what I was struggling with last week it was as if he did.  So strange and freaky.  Funny thing is this isn't the first time this has happened.

He was talking about how we need to turn the other cheek.  And how sometimes we need to do it more than once.  And how we all have the ability to respond with kindness even when it may not be deserved.  He talked about being the better person.

Was that tailor made for me or what.  lol

So I will be the better person and not say a word to this other person.  I may not have the respect for her she thinks I have but she will not know that fact.  I will go with the rule if I don't have anything nice to say I won't say anything at all.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes, God does work in not so mysterious ways, LOL! I find he sends us God Breezes right at the time we need them. We just need to keep listening. Good luck turning the other cheek. It's very hard sometimes, but worth it to our own inner peace in the long run.