Thursday, September 7

Fa, Fa, Fa, Fashion

Who decides what is in style and what is not. If you look back over the years there are some really silly looks that people thought were the bomb. Just like sayings they go out of style.

Flared jeans were such the craze, then those same people who wore their flares proudly thought what in the world. Then turned around and bought them for their kids so their kids would be hip and cool.

What I am not sure of is this fall's fashion trend.

Who decided it was cowboys and cowgirls for this fall season? Not that I am necessarily opposed to it but it just seems strange. When did the western scene become the IT look? Or a better question was who decided it was cool to wear leggings under shorts or skirts? I don't particularly like this look other than to say I love this because it covers more skin. I would love for the fashions to not be too skimpy as my daughter gets older. So I will toast anyone who makes kids clothing that covers up more skin than it shows. Here's to you fashion designer....

My fashion sense consists of the same basic clothes/style that I have worn for the past 10 years at least. I don't buy too many clothes for myself. Partially because I need to lose weight and therefore clothes shopping is not very fun. But mostly because I prefer to spend the money on my daughter. I try to buy clothes at the end of the season and put them away for the following year. But how do I do that when someone decided to make her a cowgirl.

Kids can be cruel so I don't want her too much out of style but I also refuse to get rid of the basics. She has her normal jeans, long sleeve cotton shirts, and other such items that she will be wearing often. I did purchase a special school outfit and some new shoes. Including some cowboy type brown and pink boots but other than that she is stuck with what she has.

I am thinking about letting her wear her special outfit for the first day. I really want to make it special since this is her first day ever of school. Even if it is pre-school. I want to take her picture going in and all of that good stuff. I hope I don't embarrass her.

My SIL is taking her to an orientation tomorrow morning since I have to work, so she will meet some of the kids then. But it is still not her real official first day. That comes on Monday. I took the day off so we can make a day of it. I told her I will curl her hair, drop her off, and pick her up. I think I may take her to lunch after or do something fun. She is so excited. I just hope she keeps that enthusiasm throughout her school years.

This also makes me very sad that she is growing up so quickly. I want to keep my baby with me forever. She tries my patience daily but I wouldn't trade her for the world.

She used to tell me that she was going to live with me forever. Recently she told me she wants her house to be pink. I told her that I thought she was going to always live with me. And her reply was, "Mom, it doesn't work like that. I will come visit you but I can't live with you".
WHAT!!! Who told her at 4 that she has to live on her own! The injustice of it all. Who thought it was ok to make her a little wiser in the ways of the world. UGH> I guess I can't keep her this age forever.

When I take her to my SIL's house during the day while I work I still put a change of clothes, medicine (in case it is ever needed), her glasses case, her blankets and baby and any other stuff in a bag that stays there with her. Until this week it was still a diaper style bag. It was a solid navy blue but still a diaper bag. So we went and got her a black Hello Kitty backpack and moved all of her stuff into that. I made a big deal about getting rid of her "baby" bag and now she has her big girl bag. She has been very big on not being called a baby and not being treated like a baby lately. Of course I use this to my advantage when necessary to get her to listen and do what was asked of her but it also makes me a little sad. My "baby" is no more. She is growing so fast I can't keep up. She still needs me more than not but she is growing mentally and emotionally also. My prayer is still that when she grows up and as she grows up we stay close and can always talk to each other about anything and everything.

No comments: