Tuesday, August 28

Way To Give a Great First Impression

So much for the teacher thinking highly of us or our girl. I know she won't really hold it against Belle but that is what it felt like last night as we were 45 minutes late to our meet the teacher meeting.

UGH

I wrote it on our calendar as 7:00pm. Welllllll, it actually started at 6:00pm. We didn't find this out until we went to go into the classroom thinking we were early but then quickly saw that all the other parents were sitting down and in the asking questions phase at the end.

We waited until it was all done and then apologized profusely and asked her to skim over what she discussed.

I read over the material she handed out at home last night. I think she thought I was a freak because of some of the questions I was asking. It didn't help that my dear husband pointed out how I was questioning what was actually considered a small baggie AT HOME. I wasn't going to point that out.

Oh well. Tomorrow afternoon I take Belle to the school for an assessment and her own personal meet the teacher.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We have our "Meet the Teacher" session at 10 AM today .... I hope ... that's what's on the calendar ... I could have done exactly what you did, LOL!

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I have such a hard time keeping all the times straight at school functions! Yay, school soon for your little one! Hope she likes it!