Monday, June 19

MONDAY MORNING MELTDOWN

This Monday morning did not start well. Let me set the stage....

To get my daughter to my SIL's house in the mornings means I need to travel 15 minutes further east before turning around and heading west into our downtown area for work. This is about a 30-40 minute trip altogether. So when I went to get on the freeway this morning and I saw that heading west was at a stand still where it usually is not I knew I was in for a long drive.
You see it rained this morning and that always means someone can't remember how to drive in the rain which results in accidents and long traffic tie ups. Now of couse one of the accidents was on the opposite side of the freeway but we need to stop to make sure we get a good look at the crash. And if we are lucky we may see some blood and gore. What did you say? You can hear the sarcasm in my voice? Who me????

Why oh why did I ever dream of working downtown??

I was once a foolish high school student who thought "how cool would it be to work downtown where there is always things happening!!!"
Now I dream of winning the lottery but why doesn't that dream come true? Even when I do play?

And yes I was late to work which means no real full lunch hour for me. I just can't seem to get with the program today.

No comments: