Thursday, May 5

Meeting Day

I have been trying to get more involved at our church over the past couple of months and not much has happened.

I have reached out to several people on the staff to no avail.

In one of my emails to Father about another subject I made the comment that if they need help to please let me know.  And that I have so many ideas rattling around in my head.  Why I never see these things coming I don't know but he said we should sit down and talk about these ideas.  He said I should make an appointment with him through his secretary.  That was a few weeks ago.

I figured with Easter coming up and all that goes with it I would meet with him in May.  Fast forward to today and we are meeting this afternoon. 

I took all of my jumbled thoughts and typed them up in an outline format.  It is 4 pages long.  But 2 of those pages is about the website and using facebook.  Our current website is very boring and difficult to maneuver.  Some of the items should be more detailed.  While other things are non-existent.  I printed samples of other local church websites for reference.  If nothing else he will know I was well prepared.

I hope it goes well. 

If Sister wasn't leaving I would have brought all of this up with her since she runs a lot of the educational programs I have observations on.  But she is leaving so I need to pass on to those that will be there.  I briefly mentioned some things to her because I didn't want her to think I was going behind her back.  Have I said how much I am going to miss her.  :-(

Anyway, I am starting to get a little nervous.  That is the shyness in me coming out because I know what I have to say is valid and from the heart.

Wish me luck....

No comments: