Thursday, August 31

Running

You know way back when I was a child. It is hard to imagine that possible but it is true. As a baby I learned how to walk when I was 9 months old. I am sure I learned to run while I was 1.

But now that I am ummm well let's just say older I don't know how to run. It feels like my legs are thinking my mind is crazy for trying to fathom such an idea of moving one foot in front of the other in a fast motion. About a year and a half ago I started to take the stairs at work and run on my treadmill at home. My knee decided it wasn't very happy with me. I had problems with it locking as if something was in it before this bright idea too force. So I ended up having laproscopic knee surgery last summer.

I was doing well with trying to lose weight and be more active before this surgery. After it I just sort of stopped. My knee is completely better but my weight is not. I really want to change this but haven't found something to motivate me enough.

Well, I think I have found my answer......

I want to run a race at W*alt Di*sney Wo*rld!!!!

HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!

So I am making my goal to be able to run a race there. I don't think I could do it by this January but hopefully they have other events throughout next year.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

That would be fun....I have never been a runner... I just cant seem to maintain a stride..and it is hard on the knees.